Sunday, December 11, 2011

Oh, the Places I'll Sew


If this table and chair look comically small, it's because they are! This is our coffee table and one of the kid chairs, otherwise known as my studio. It's not a terribly comfortable setup as I squeeze into the chair and engage in some contortionist presser-foot acrobatics, but it's pretty much my only option for getting sewing done at night. Our dining room table, which would be much more comfortable, is right outside the children's bedroom. In the summer, I can sew in the basement on an old desk, but it's much too cold and dark downstairs at this time of year.

And that reminds me, I should introduce my faithful sewing machine, Betty! She came into our family when I found her at a rummage sale (a real steal at only $15!!). She has helped re-awaken a long-dormant creative side of me, and for that I am very thankful.

So, while I dream of one day having a real studio, or at least a small space dedicated to crafting, for now I'll just work with what I've got... and what I've got is this.

No comments:

Post a Comment