Our first experiment in home brewing, with what just happens to be my favorite alcoholic beverage--honey wine! When I saw a recipe for Ethiopian-style honey wine in Wild Fermentation, I knew I had to try it. So I gave it a go, and the resulting brew is quite tasty, though still very sweet (maybe we should let it sit a bit longer to let more of that sugar convert to alcohol).
The recipe we used has been reproduced here. We cut it down to 1/3 of the original recipe so that it would fit in a quart-sized jar for the initial step. The process was so easy (and the results so tasty) that we will definitely be trying it again!