Saturday, March 31, 2012

Spring Cleaning

We've been doing some spring cleaning around here, clearing out a lot of clutter--which feels great! I have been wanting to move some recipes from my old blog over here for a while... so over the month of April I will be posting 3 recipes per week. All the recipes will be cataloged under the "Recipes" tab, so they should still be easily accessible after the month is over. I will also pop in from time to time with news about our activities and projects; I have a feeling that it's going to be a productive month!

In other news around the house, we applied last fall for the Weatherization Assistance Program. Though the initial process (application and energy assessment) took a while to be complete, crews started work this week and our house has gone from being cool and drafty to being snug and cozy, all in a matter of days. What a difference good insulation makes! We are so pleased with this program--it is well worth applying if you meet the income requirements.

And a quick epilogue to an earlier post: On the first day of spring, we enjoyed a coconut cream pie (almost raw, except for the toasted coconut I sprinkled on top). It was incredible and I can't wait to have an excuse to make it again. The recipe is from Cafe Gratitude, available here. (I did add a little water while processing the crust to help it stick together, but other than that was faithful to the recipe.)


Hope you enjoy the month of recipes--feel free to leave a comment if you give any of them a try!


No comments:

Post a Comment