Roasted Summer Vegetable Bean Salad
- 2 15-oz cans or 3 cups of cooked white beans
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes
- 1 lb or so of zucchini (I used 4 small)
- 2 cloves garlic (optional)
- Olive oil
- ~1/4 cup vinaigrette dressing (I made my own using olive oil, balsamic vinegar, agave nectar, salt, pepper, roasted garlic and fresh thyme)
- Preheat oven to 350. Slice tomatoes in half and arrange cut-side up on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Put in oven while prepping zucchini.
- (Optional: you can peel a few cloves of garlic to roast along with the tomatoes so that you can add to your dressing later.)
- Slice zucchini into thin rounds and place in a bowl. Toss with a few tablespoons of olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Arrange in a single layer on a separate baking sheet.
- Roast vegetables for 30-45 minutes, until zucchini is starting to brown, and tomatoes look slightly dehydrated and bottoms are brown. The zucchini will likely be finished before the tomatoes.
- If you are making your own dressing, now is a good time to put it together.
- Allow vegetables to cool for a few minutes. Refrain from "taste-testing" all of the delicious roasted tomatoes.
- Drain and rinse beans (if using canned). Add to serving bowl and fold in vegetables. Add dressing to taste. Serve and enjoy!